NUMBERS ARE PEOPLE COCK-UP BEFORE CONSPIRACY • CITE PRIMARY SOURCES OR GO HOME


Friday 31 May 2013

WEEKEND READING - 1-2 JUNE 2013


My Twitter account used to serve as a repository of links I thought were brilliant but didn't have time to blog on. With the account gone, I've decided to start a Weekend Reading series for the same purpose. I will aim for ten per weekend, but no promises.

My top ten reads for this weekend:
  1. Frances Coppola explains how QE and the monetary transmittion system work, and why QE is clogging up the pipes. Watch out for her background links too.
  2. The IMF's researchers consider the evidence on immovable property taxes (w/ Greece data)...
  3. ... and the evidence on fiscal slippage and austerity with debt feedback
  4. Eurostat looks into the extent to which families pool their income in Europe (w/ Greece data) 
  5. The European Banking Authority's consultation on measuring large deposit outflow risk for the purpose of CRD IV liquidity rules, plus all responses received so far. No Greek OR Cypriot banks in there, sadly. 
  6. EU infringement procedures, May update: Greece rapped for restricting parallel sales of medical supplies, failing to ratify Common Aviation Area Agreement with the Western Balkans, insurance red tape and exceeding capacity at the Kiato Landfill, which is operating without a valid permit: 
  7. Subjective well-being and quality of life in the UK: the ONS weighs in (UK data only)
  8. Standby for more Partenon Marble stories next week following this.
  9. A paper in defense of winner-take-all contests.
  10. Did you know the Economist Intelligence Unit is now a Credit Rating Agency?
  11. The UK's young liberals are on the march or something, says the Economist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that I am not notified of any comments and will not respond via comments.

Try to keep your criticism constructive and if you don't like something, do tell me how to fix it. If I use any of your suggestions, you will be duly credited.

Although I'm happy to entertain criticism of myself in the comments section, I will not tolerate hate speech. You will be given a written warning and after that I will delete further offending comments.

I will also delete any comments that are clearly randomly generated by third parties for their own promotion.

Occasionally, your comments may land in the spam box, which may cause them to appear with a slight delay as I have to approve them myself.

Thanks in advance for your kind words... and your trolling, if you are so inclined.