NUMBERS ARE PEOPLE COCK-UP BEFORE CONSPIRACY • CITE PRIMARY SOURCES OR GO HOME


Friday 21 June 2013

WEEKEND READING - 22-23 JUNE


I'm in Istanbul this weekend as two great friends (and onetime flatmates) of mine are getting married. Unless they get arrested first. In the meantime, enjoy my brief reading list. 
  1. The Antarctic economy could be booming 
  2. Hungary insists its 7% levy on domestic bank holdings of its bonds is not a default. 
  3. The IMF vows to make its research more open-minded (though IMHO the research output is more open-minded than the rest of the Fund?)
  4. When National Statistics and the Greek Civil Service collide: ELSTAT staff are asked to sign a confidentiality statement (page 2 here) to the effect that they will not reveal individual-level micro-data to third parties, including the government or the courts. Incredibly the staff see a conspiracy behind this and Greek MPs take the matter to Parliament. ELSTAT is forced to issue a statement of the self-evident. My only question is what the hell are these people doing working for a National Statistics Agency?
  5. The upcoming elections in Nepal caught my eye this week. And did you know they have a fiscal cliff too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that I am not notified of any comments and will not respond via comments.

Try to keep your criticism constructive and if you don't like something, do tell me how to fix it. If I use any of your suggestions, you will be duly credited.

Although I'm happy to entertain criticism of myself in the comments section, I will not tolerate hate speech. You will be given a written warning and after that I will delete further offending comments.

I will also delete any comments that are clearly randomly generated by third parties for their own promotion.

Occasionally, your comments may land in the spam box, which may cause them to appear with a slight delay as I have to approve them myself.

Thanks in advance for your kind words... and your trolling, if you are so inclined.